Thursday, January 28, 2010

Are you reliable and hardworking?

Are you reliable and hardworking? Well pretty soon you will not have to have those two qualities when applying for work.

In the U.K. a person wanted to post an ad for a cleaner and was told by the online job posting website company that the ad could be seen as discriminatory because it asked for reliable and hardworking individuals and thus could not be posted. Check this out.

Just a couple of thoughts about this story. First, has the world become so PC that we have to fear the wrath of the lazy and untrustworthy working stiff. Second, for the same reasons we don't want to work with them are the same reasons they wouldn't be able to file a discrimination law suit. So really very little to worry about anyway.

Politically correctness has permeated our lives. I love it though. Gives me good laughs.

2 comments:

Becky said...

Pfft. This world is full of idiots. And they're always in my way. One of these days I really am going to lose it and ram someone with my minivan and you'll see me on the news. Maybe I'll start by ramming a few cars in the stupid Tim Hortons line tomorrow.

Christine said...

It sure does make me laugh. The whole story was hilarious. It takes idiocy to a whole new level.